Monday 11 August 2014

Older stuff

Small update because I feel like it. Car's going in for alignment tomorrow and I'm having the Ingalls front camber bolts installed while I'm at it. More front camber, less rear. Kinda feeling like I'm wasting my money here because I want to get new coilovers over the winter but whatever. Track day on the 19th and I want to have fun and be quick.

First pic is one of two engine bay shots I have of my car. This intake sucks balls. I'll play around with the bay eventually but I'm not going any further than bolt-ons with this car.


Can't remember why my intake manifold cover is off. I think this was taken the day after I got my RE30's or something so I hadn't touched it in a month.

Second pic is before or after I polished my wheels. I like detailing cars but I have to be in the mood for it. It's too easy to fuck up or miss spots when you aren't focused. I've also found that CG Polishes are garbage. My V38 has the liquidity of water and my V36 couldn't cut fresh clear coat if it's little polish life depended on it. I've had better results with HD Cut and HD Polish on shit pads. I like Jetseal though. Considering how long the bottle will last me (I've done 4 full cars and hardly used any) it's great bang for buck. Only good for a year before re-application however. I think I'll try out C4 or Opti-Coat next.



For those of you wondering, Rays clear coat is extremely soft. A couple swipes hand polishing and swirls disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment