Wednesday 27 August 2014

Track Day

Car felt great out on track. Fairly happy with where it is but holy fuck I really would like:

Damper/camber adjustable coilovers
Stopping power
LSD
Rear sway bar
R-comps
Bucket seat
Steering wheel + extended hub
more noise.


Other than that it was perfect.

 Unfortunately I haven't found any on track shots. Only my ricer hard park pictures.



Only problem I had that day was one of my muffler hangers broke and the other kept slipping off. Got a nasty burn on the side of my hand from fixing it. I also had a rock get caught in between my caliper and brake pad (where there's a gap in the caliper closest to the center of the rotor) and it was rubbing against my rotor thus making a horrendous noise. Luckily it happened right as I was parking but still a PITA because I had to take my pad off to get the rock out.

The Michelin PSS handled just like the Star Specs and got better as the day went on. Some were telling me that they get greasy after you put too much heat into them but I didn't run into that problem. Maybe I need to drive faster.

HP+ started to fade in the final laps of my sessions. Held up well for an autocross pad. I was happy with their performance otherwise. I haven't pushed them much since I bedded them in a couple weeks ago. They do give and maintain bite as they get warm. Holy fuck were they loud after.

The black WRX belongs to my friend Stephen. To give you an idea of how hard this course is on brakes, we just put on new brake pads (albeit OE) two days before and within 3 sessions, only one of which we could actually push, he had to park his car due to overheating issues. Unfortunate because our cars are almost neck and neck with each other and we set times at Go-Karting within a few hundreths of a second within each other.

I'll be back for more. Uni starts again this upcoming week so I'll be busy juggling courses and work. I'll be pulling insurance off the car earlier this year.If I'm lucky I'll get one more event in before I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment